The 2019 Zambia Annual Reformed Family conference will take place from August 26th to 30th. The theme for this year’s conference is “Cessationism and Confessionalism” and the venue is Dream Valley Lodge in Ibex Hill, Lusaka.
There will be three conferences running at the same time:
- The Reformed Family Conference (Aimed at non church officers)
- The Reformed School of Theology (aimed mainly at Church officers and those that teach in church)
- The Children’s Conference - overseen by Pastor Saidi Chishimba from Evangel Baptist Church (for children below the age of 13 years)
This will be the 30th Anniversary of the Lord’s leading of these conferences so it is a special milestone. The Committee is brainstorming ideas to make it the special God honouring occasion that it is. If you have any ideas please write to the conference chair at [email protected].
The seminars are on the topics:
- John Calvin & Jonathan Edwards compared on the place of emotion in worship
- Using the Baptist Confession in Apologetics (School of Theology)
- Singleness - The advantages and disadvantages
- Can I court and Marry a non-christian, a Christian who attends a cultic church?
- Using the internet to discuss local church politics and theological controversies - should we or should we not?
- New Calvinism
The seminar speakers are:
- Isaac Makashinyi, Pastor — Emmasdale Baptist Church
- Saidi Chishimba, Pastor — Evangel Baptist Church
- Oswald Sichula, Pastor — Crossway Baptist Church
- Chikondi Phiri, Elder — Lusaka Baptist Church
- Voddie Baucham, Dean Of Theology — African Christian University
The fees structure has maintained last year’s fees:
- DISCOUNT IF YOU PAY IN FULL BY 31st May 2019:
- Workers: ZMW K320;
- Non Workers: ZMW K200;
- From outside Zambia but on the African continent: US$30
- If you pay from 1st June 2019:
- Workers: ZMW K400;
- Non workers: ZMW K250;
- From outside Zambia but on the African continent: US$50;
- All attendees from outside the African continent: US$100
- Children (below age 13): ZMW K100
Please register early and pay before 31st May 2019 if you can, to take advantage of the discounts offered.
For Lusaka residents, payments can also be made at the host churches from Sunday 14th April 2019.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.